Jury DutyIf you have been summoned for Jury Duty:
All requests to be excused must be in writing and received by the Court at least one week prior to date of service. Jury duty is normally one day only; therefore, requests to be excused must be for good cause and will not always be granted. If you have been called for Jury Duty before a judge of the 35th District Court and have a valid reason for asking to be excused, please send your request with necessary documentation to: Jury Clerk, 35th District Court, 660 Plymouth Rd, Plymouth 48170.
- Please advise friends and relatives that they are allowed in the courtroom, but not allowed in the jury room.
- Young children will not be allowed in the courtroom. Please, make baby-sitting arrangements in advance.
- Jurors must check in at the security desk between 8:00 & 8:15 am. All juries begin promptly at 8:30am. If you are selected to serve as a juror in a trial, the Court will instruct you as to your lunch hour and dismissal time. Ordinarily, lunch is between 12:30pm and 1:45pm but is subject to change depending on courtroom activity. Convenient lunchtime locations are available in the community. Jurors are allowed to bring bag lunches.
- Smoking is not allowed in the 35th District Court Building.
- Jurors who are selected for a continuing trial should report directly to the court room on the second and any subsequent days.
- If proof of jury service is necessary for you to present to your employer, we will furnish you with a letter upon request. Letters may be obtained from the cashier.
- If you serve on a panel or jury, you are not eligible to serve in this Court again for one year from this service date. However, you may be rescheduled if your trial settles before you appear.
- Your pay as a juror is set by state law at $25.00 per full day and $40.00 for each subsequent full day plus mileage. Mileage will be computed from your local address in the 35th District Court jurisdiction. A person will receive $12.50 per half day plus mileage.
- Access to jury service is available to all individuals with a disability. Please call the court before your jury date to ensure that accommodations have been met (734)459-4740.